
This is a really interesting showcase of multimedia from local artists. Installations feature music, paintings, photos, sculptures, and bizarre concepts. You never know what you'll find there. Over a thousand artists participate, presenting all kinds of work. The exhibits often fill, and even incorporate the room they are in, which makes them like an experience rather than just something to look at.
The venue changes every year I believe. Last time I went it was held in the former Children's Museum in Northeast DC. The basement level seemed like a creepy old hospital to me though, which lent itself to some interesting exhibits on that level! Last year it was in VA and drew over 40,000 visitor according to its website.
The exhibits range from beautiful and serene, to funny and/or bizarre. There's alot of interesting stuff there and I 'd definitely recommend checking it out!
The website is www.artomatic.org
Artomatic
Opening Friday, May 9 - Closing June 15
1200 First St NE
Capital Plaza I - corner of First & M streets NE - NY Ave Metro
Wed-Thu: 5pm-10pm; Fri-Sat: noon-2am; Sun: noon-10pm; closed Mon-Tue
1 comment:
Hi Stephanie
I read your blog entry...thinking to myself that Artomatic sounded like an interesting event to attend. About an hour later I checked my mailbox and found a postcard for Artomatic from my old college friend who was a geologist and now is a painter. Isn't that strange!
I may just go and see her.
Jill
Post a Comment